Vice-President of Economic and Workforce Development
College of the Canyons
Jeffrey Forrest is Vice-President of Economic and Workforce Development at College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita, California. In his role, Jeffrey oversees the Economic Development Division of the college which offers the following services to meet the workforce development needs of today’s companies:
1. Strong Workforce Apprenticeship Group (SWAG): Jeffrey is Co-founder of the Strong Workforce Apprenticeship Group (SWAG), a collaboration between College of the Canyons and Goodwill Southern California that seeks to drive the expansion of apprenticeship throughout the state. Currently, 13 companies have signed apprenticeship agreements, and training is scheduled to begin in the Fall 2017.
2. Center of Applied Competitive Technology (CACT): The CACT works with economic development partners such as LACOE/GAIN to recruit, train and place adult learners as CNC Machinists with manufacturers. The program has a placement and retention rate of over 90%, and trains roughly 60 people per year.
3. Fast Track Institute (FTI): FTI provides skills training in an accelerated format for adult learners seeking employment. Hundreds of adults have taken advantage of the courses offered through the FTI over the past few years.
4. Small Business Development Corporation (SBDC): The SBDC provides no-cost counseling, workshops and assessment to small business and those seeking to become entrepreneurs. It has helped companies attract over $25 million dollars in capital since 2005.
5. Employee Training Institute (ETI): Funded in part through the Employment Training Panel, the ETI provides customized, quality training for incumbent workers. Courses include: Six Sigma, Leadership, Sales and Marketing, Team Building, and a range of other topics to help companies develop their workforce.
Jeffrey believes that providing access to education is critical to the long-term growth of the United States economy. He has a Bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Missouri-St. Louis, and an MBA from Lindenwood University. He also has graduate training in finance from Northeastern University in Boston, MA. He resides in Santa Clarita, CA and enjoys golf, fishing and hiking.